Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Snapshots of Us

 We went to the beach in early August.  Hubby's mom took some family pictures for us.  I thought this one was cool.  We were actually arguing because I made us all go out to the beach for pictures and Hubby wanted to stay at the house.  He hates pictures.  But I'm pretty insistent that we get a few good family ones from time to time.  :)
 One day the kids were holding hands with me while we were looking at the ocean.  I thought it would make for a great picture, so we "recreated" the moment.
 We celebrated Little Man's 2nd birthday while we were at the beach.  It was perfect.  I don't really see the point in having actual birthday parties for the kids until they are old enough to ask for it and tell me what they want.  We had one for Little Man's 1st birthday and he was so young and had no clue what was going on.  This was so much easier.  I think we'll do the same for Baby Girl's 1st - family and maybe a few friends.  The only fancy thing will be the cake (just because I can). 


Little Man loves to help.  He's "feeding" Baby Girl here.  Side note:  Baby Girl has recently decided she is OVER being spoon fed.  I absolutely LOVE my children's independent streak.  I would much rather her feed herself.  It makes family dinners much easier because we can all eat at the same time.  Plus she loves virtually everything, so she's super easy (like Little Man) at mealtime.  She just eats small pieces of whatever we're eating!
 Hurricane Irene.  This was how we created a little rainy/stormy day fun.  Little Man really enjoyed the fort.  Baby girl just kept trying to tear it down.  Typical. 
 Best entertainment there is for youngsters - the tupperware cabinet!
 I sewed Baby Girl an outfit!  Since this, I've made her three more pairs of pants (slightly different pattern) and have material for three dresses.  I can't wait to see how they turn out!
 
 They love to wrestle.  I usually tell Little Man to be gentle.  I'm not sure why.  Baby Girl just laughs the entire time and she fights dirty - pulls hair, pinches, etc.  I think I need to start teaching her how to wrestle gently.

Little Man took this picture of Baby Girl.  It pretty much sums her up.  She's not crying.  She just like to screech.  She's little and loud, crazy and sweet - a very complex woman already.

 She is his little shadow.  She follows him everywhere and watches his every move.  I'm terrified of all the things she's learning and all the things she'll come up with on her own.  Lord help us.

No comments:

Post a Comment