Wednesday, January 15, 2014

That Man of Mine

So much of what I post is about the kids, life, and myself.  It's rare that I post much about that wonderful man of mine. And lately he has been nothing shy of wonderful...in every way.

Not only did he work extremely hard during the fall, but he earned excellent grades for his first semester of grad school.  Grades that were good enough take him from a provisional status as a non-degree seeking student to a fully accepted graduate student.  And then, today we found he has been granted a funded assistantship for the spring semester!  (Meaning his semester is paid for and he will get paid to work as a TA...i.e. instead of school costing us money, he now gets paid to do it!)  I am so incredibly proud of him.

To add to all of that, while he has been home the past several weeks on semester break, he has pitched in and helped me in so many ways.  I love seeing how he plays and interacts with our kids.  He is such a hands-on dad.  He helps cook - the man is a genius on the grill.  He even helps clean.  And best of all, he keeps putting up with me, even on my crankiest of days.

So many times we are quick to complain about our spouse.  Or to point out their shortcomings.  But today I wanted to make sure I took the time to acclaim pure gratitude for my loving, considerate, hard-working husband.  Plus, it doesn't hurt that he's so gosh-darn handsome.



No comments:

Post a Comment