Friday, May 23, 2014

{ this moment }

{this moment}
 
A Friday ritual. A single photo - no words - capturing a moment from the week. A simple, special, extraordinary moment. A moment I want to pause, savor and remember.
 
 
The reality is this past week held more "moments" than I could have imagined - just not ones I remembered to capture with my camera.  I have been blessed enough to cut back the number of days I have to work each week to only one or two!  Having the entire day at home with Mannchen and Töchterchen has filled my heart with more love, light, and joy than I anticipated.  The more I work and the busier my commitments, the more I take my stress out on my children.  It's a very unfair thing to do, but I struggle at times to keep my stress under control.  Comparatively, even our "busy" schedule pales in comparison to many other families' and the American cultural norms, but I each family is different and we all have our own limits and ideals.  Seeing how peaceful our life has become again has been complete confirmation to me that putting the commitments of my family ahead of any other commitments is our best way to live.  Besides, these two precious children of mine and their sweet Daddy really are what life is all about.
 
If you're inspired to do the same, leave a link to your 'moment' in the comments for all to find and see.
 
 
Inspired by Soule Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment