Thursday, April 9, 2015

Where to go from here

I miss blogging, but I have also felt at a loss for what to write about for most of the past year or so.  Our little family has been stretched and has grown in many areas since our move...and life looks a little different now.  I don't do as many at home activities with the kids - they have a wonderful preschool to help with that.  We don't own our house - so that changes our outlook on home projects...even though I did put hours and gallons into painting this itty bity apartment.  The littles aren't babies or toddlers anymore - they are actual little people.  I feel like I can't share everything they go through now because a part of me realizes I should censor how much of their life, attitudes, and changes are shared with the world wide web.  I also can't go around making huge professions of things, pissing everyone off left and right, as I blab about the things that really get me "worked up".  And our life is constantly evolving.  We have been in a season of constant evaluation of where we are and where we want to go.  What works one day/week/month/year is not the same thing that works the next day/week/month/year.  I am well aware of the fact that over sharing just makes us (me) look like a fool, because life is anything but constant.


So....where do I go with this space from here?  I like having a place to share.  I would love to get back into the habit of posting more regularly.  Life is just as beautiful as ever.  My children are just as cherished.  They still teach me oh. so. much.  We are still forging our way through an increasingly homemade, homegrown life.  The hubby is excelling.  Our marriage is blooming.  And I'm enjoying being along for the ride.


But, you know, life (and parenting) is a journey, not a destination.  There is no point we reach at which we know exactly what we are doing and everything falls into place.  It's messy.  And beautiful.  And wonderful.  It raises us up in moments of glory and knocks us down in puddles of dispair.  And all along the way, it teaches us that there is no one right way and no one wrong way...but a really messy blend of both.  Our journey may not be your journey, but how boring would the world be if they were all the same?  And I suppose that is the reason why I share.

So, hang with us as we figure out how to navigate from here.  I want to keep this as a space to cherish the little things.  The posts may be shorter.  They may not give as much detail as they have at times in the past.  They may skim over the rough and focus on the beautiful.  But that's what I want to come back to, to reflect on as the years go by.

No comments:

Post a Comment