Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Good times

Yesterday was our third anniversary.  It feels like we've been married much longer than that - not in a bad way, but in a "wow, so much has happened in only three years" way.  We celebrated a little early by sending the kids to Hubby's parents house for a long weekend and enjoying four days and four nights all to ourselves.  We thought about going away somewhere, but decided to just stay at home because of budgetting reasons.  I honestly think it was way more relaxing that way.  We did some yard work on the first day and errands/cleaning on the last, but spent most of the time having fun together - yummy dinners on the grill, cajun festival (that cost way too much for nothing at all), wine tasting (again, too much money for a disappointing experience), golfing, spoiling Brady (who celebrated his 4th birthday on Sunday).  This was our first time apart from the kids together and it was FANTASTIC.  We missed the kids by the end, but we were incredibly thankful for our time together. 

In the meantime, Baby Girl has become a pro at going from laying down to sitting up on her own.  Now when she doesn't want to nap she sits up in her crib and yells.  I wouldn't call it a cry, it's really much more of a yell.  What can I say?  She's a diva already.  She has also pulled herself up to standing on occasion.  Her balance is terrible once she gets up (mostly because her feet are crossed underneath her), but I'm sure that will come quickly. 

Little Man is still Little Man.  He won't talk.  I've decided it's not that he can't talk.  It's that he won't talk.  He is stubborn as they come.  I'm pretty sure he's payback for all of my stubborness.  His new favorite thing is taking off his clothes and diapers.  I know one of these days he's going to do it very quietly after his nap and I'm going to open the door to fingerpainted poop all over his bed and/or wall.  It will be nice when he's potty trained, but I don't foresee that happening anytime too soon.  Until then, I just keep praying he keeps his diaper on if it's a messy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment