Monday, August 26, 2013

Dear Männchen

Happy 4th birthday sweet Männchen!  I still cannot believe it has been four years since you entered into our lives.  I fully believe from the bottom of my heart the world is a better place now that you are in it. 

Your Daddy and I are so proud of the little man you are becoming.  You are caring, sensitive, and considerate.  You are the protector of your sister and her best friend.  You love spending time outdoors and helping in the garden.  Your eagerness to plant seeds, pull weeds, and harvest our "crops" is unparalleled.  You are such a good helper - in the kitchen, with housework, fixing things - always by our sides watching and lending a hand.  You are still curious, still always digging for a better understanding of the world.  You take everything in, observing, watching, learning, everywhere we go.

I don't think the world is accustomed to souls as gentle and caring as yours.  I have taken it as my job as your mama to protect that gentleness in you, while still helping your grow into a man.  The world can be a cruel place and soon enough you will witness that.  You already have in some small ways.  Don't ever let it change you - no playmate's cruelty, girl who breaks your heart, or any other reason is worth losing your sincerity and loving nature.

I know this move has been difficult for you.  I never wanted to put my own children through this process.  I remember all too well how difficult it was as a child myself.  But I also know you are strong and you will be a better person in the end for it.  Life can be a process of learning how to adapt.  Moving is so good at forcing us to do that.  Your daddy and I are by your side to hold you, rock you, and love you through the hard times.

I am so sorry for the times I am short with you.  I am so sorry I do not always hold the patience to handle your eagerness or willingness to help.  Just like you, I am work in progress.  You have pushed me to be a better mama and person, and I thank you for your gentleness in that. 

Thank you Männchen for being all that we could have ever hoped for in a son.  My love for you is unconditional.  Four years ago you changed my life for the better and everyday with you has been better than the last.  I cannot wait to see what this next year holds for you my sweet, sweet boy.













No comments:

Post a Comment