Sunday, December 11, 2011

Bring this week on!

Sunday has become my "prep for the week" day. I know it's supposed to be a day of rest, but it's also my last chance to accomplish as much as possible before Justin returns to work on Monday.  Now that I've had a productive Sunday, I am so excited for this week to begin!  The laundry is washed, folded, and put away.  Our bread is rising in the fridge (to be baked in the morning).  The house is (mostly) clean.  Almost all my errands were completed this afternoon.  I only have one small cake order.  And most importantly, we have SO MANY Christmas crafts and creations that I can't wait to make this week. 

I have recently fallen in love with the website Rhythm of the Home and the Soule Mama blog (in particular, this post December Favorites).  I've done some revising on the Advent activities with ideas from these websites and we will be giving lots of homemade gifts this year that Jackson is going to help make!  I'd love to share with you exactly what we're doing, but that would ruin surprises for some of you. 

We really enjoyed the cooler temperatures this weekend - it finally started to feel like a mild December should.  But it's supposed to warm up this week...ugg.  I'm so ready for winter!  Maybe someday we'll live somewhere that we can truly experience all four seasons, but until then I guess we'll just have to enjoy the warm Virginia climate and spend plenty of time outdoors. 

I hope everyone else has a wonderful week and is enjoying the holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment