Thursday, December 8, 2011

Peace is restored

Whatever balance of power or spurt of independence Jackson needed to work out yesterday has been resolved.  I love that most of the time with my kids our rough days are followed by perfectly wonderful ones.

Today Jackson let me help him get dressed.  He let me help him roll out the dough for his Christmas ornaments (Thank you Elizabeth and Natalie - what a wonderful craft for preschoolers, cinnamon applesauce ornaments!)  He shared with his sister.  He set the table for dinner.  He cleaned his plate and put it in the sink after dinner.  He listened to directions the first (or second) time (for the most part).  He was sweet, loving, and considerate.

He didn't open the door to the stairs for his sister - so that she could climb up and fall down, all while I was making their lunch.  He didn't try to change his own diaper (also while I was trying to get lunch together).  He didn't fight over every toy, sippy cup, and book.  He didn't fight us with bathtime, mealtimes, and every other regular part of the day.

I am so thankful for this beautiful family I am blessed to be a part of.  I can't thank God enough for the most precious gifts I have ever received. 

An unrelated, but ever so important side note:  Please keep Virginia Tech and the town of Blacksburg in your prayers.  Blacksburg is a wonderful small town with so many good, loving and caring people.  It has suffered more than it's fair share of heartbreak and tragedy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment