Monday, December 5, 2011

Just had to share

Jackson and I found this fabric at the craft store the other week.  He fell in love with the "fire fire trucks" so I bought all they had...not knowing what I'd make with it but determined to make him something.  It's a soft jersey fabric so I thought pj pants would be good.  I altered a pattern that I had for pants for Summerlin and thankfully they turned out great!  He's obsessed.  He wants to wear them every night.  He takes them out of his hamper and puts them on during naptime.  OBSESSED.

Well, thankfully the pants didn't use much fabric and since he loved the pants so much, I thought a small pillow might also be a big hit.  Big hit is an understatement.  He threw all the other pillows off his bed and will only use this one.  I still have more fabric, so if I can ever make it to the quilting store, I'm going to make him a small quilt he can use around the house and in the car.  I've never quilted before so I'm pretty excited to give it a try! 

This is the best attempt I could get at a picture of him with his most priced possessions.
 Today we threw a bunch of pillows and quilts on the floor in the corner (of the area I cleaned out last night) to make a reading "nook".  I wasn't sure what Jackson would think, but wow.  He loves it!  He insisted on reading his bedtime stories there tonight.  Of course he wanted to sleep there, but that was a definite no-go.  This just reminds me that things don't have to be fancy or elaborate to make a kid happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment