Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Rough start, Great finish

I've been trying to wake up before the kids with the intent of doing three basic functions before they rise - shower, get dressed, and drink coffee.  Sounds great right?  Well, epic fail.  Every. Single. Time.  I don't know how they know, but every time I wake up early, they wake up early too.  I'm not going to lie, it makes me grumpy.  And they are grumpy because 5:45 is just too early for them. 
 
Today was one of those days.  I missed facebook because I wanted to complain that "It's only 7:45, we've been up for two hours, and I've reheated my coffee multiple times.  Is it too much to ask to just get a shower and coffee ALONE each morning?!".  Facebook was great for that immediate encouragement from all my other mama friends.  But instead of whining to the FB world, we put on our raincoats and boots (over the PJs because it was just so much easier) and ran around the yard.
 
Fresh air.  That was all we needed.  A little nature.  A little tree climbing.  A little sidewalk chalk.  (A cup of coffee in a travel mug.)  Just an hour of peace in the great outdoors, before the rain started back up again.  It was so good for our souls.
 
These little ones, they remind me to slow down, breathe, and enjoy the simple things in life. 
 
"OH!  Mud!!!"  Töchterchen loves the mud.
 
Mannchen is really getting the hang of climbing trees!  Now the world is his playground.
 
He figured out it was easier without his rubber boots.  Once he realized that, he was able to get himself up there fairly high.
 
The neighbors had a tree cut down yesterday, so naturally ours needed a little "work" today.  He's "cutting" branches with his pliers.
 
Where one goes, the other must attempt to follow.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment