Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Sewing Bug

I knew it would eventually happen, I just wasn't sure how long I would have to wait...and now I can I finally say I have been bitten by the sewing bug that is going around this spring.
 
There's a long line of items waiting for me to tend to - but first up were these simple wraps for the kids' new nature notebooks.  We have started to hike a little more and they jumped on the idea of drawing pictures of the things we see on our hikes.  I wanted a way to keep all of their supplies together - both to make getting out the door easier and to make carrying things easier while hiking.  So far they loving being able to document the change of the season with their own drawings. 
 

 
Instead of a tie to hold it closed, I used Velcro.  I prefer their items to be something they can operate entirely on their own.

Pockets for everything.


I love these little notebooks.  Unlined space for drawing and lines for Mama to write anything they wish below. 


In other news, we have shifted over to welcoming spring in our circle time and within our home.  It's all tissue paper butterflies, pussy willow twigs, and The Story of the Root Children inside....with four additional inches of snow falling outside.  The change of the season seems to follow a two steps forward, one step back style this year.  But hey, we don't mind one extra chance to go sledding before winter weather disappears for good. 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment