Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A New Favorite

I have been wanting some very basic wooden blocks for the kids for awhile now.  All the ones I had looked at were pretty pricey though - let's face it, wood is pricey.  Justin's dad is a woodworker and I asked his mom if there were any small pieces laying around their garage.  If so, could they bring them down and I would sand them up to use as blocks for the kids.  She did even better than that!  She found this set of old blocks at the school she works at.  FCPS has decided wood blocks are a safety hazard (kids might get splinters, which obviously would scar them for life) and there is no time in all-day kindergarten for stations/free-play anymore, so these had spent the last few years in the back of a storage shed - much like our beloved kitchen set had.  My kids have been playing with them non-stop for the last few days.  I'm so happy we can give these wholesome toys some more love!  FCPS, you are missing out on some great learning experiences, but we're happy to help you out by taking the "forbidden" toys off your hands. 
Working on a new creation first thing this morning - the beginnings of a firehouse for his truck.

Now my only question is, can we get more?!   Just think of the things we could create!

No comments:

Post a Comment