Friday, June 28, 2013

To My Love

Five years ago Justin and I stood in front of those dearest in our lives and pledged to love one another until death do us part.  It's been an eventful five years and I wouldn't trade all that's happened for the world.  Life's greatest blessings have come to us during this time - two precious kids and a constantly growing love for one another.  I am so happy to spend the rest of my life loving this man.


Hubby and I wrote our own vows to one another.  We kept them posted in our bedroom until we had to put the house on the market and the stager removed them.  I can't wait to move and put them back up.

To Hubby:
I take you, Justin, as my husband because you are my best friend, my one true love.  I cannot promise you perfection.  However, from this day forward I can promise to love and be faithful to you as long as I live.  I promise to be your lover and confidant, to laugh and cry with you, to support your hopes and dreams, and to fall in love with you over and over.  I promise to build a warm and loving home with you, and to never go to bed with anger in my heart towards you.

To me:
Emily, I can't give you everything you want, but as your husband, I can promise these few things to you.  I promise to always love you, be open and honest with you, and forever be faithful to you.  I promise to make you and our marriage my top priority, and I know by doing these things we can accomplish more together than either of us could alone.  And finally, above all others, I take you just the way you are.  I love you with all of my heart Em.

Happy anniversary to my love.  I love you more and more each day.  Thank you for this life we get to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment