Saturday, July 13, 2013

Irony

In two weeks we will be in full blown packing mode.  So, we have been continually purging and organizing.  Even grocery shopping has the move in mind - which size bottle of ketchup should we buy?  Heaven forbid we move a bottle of ketchup.

Then this morning, I went yard sale shopping, despite our promises to hold off on all purchases until after the move.  I bought half-a-dozen pyrex dishes (we are in the process of eliminating our plastic ware) and an awesome wood bowl set for salads and popcorn.  I bought big bag of girls clothing because it was dirt cheap - boutique Christmas outfit for $1?  Yes please!

But the greatest purchase of all - the one I just couldn't pass up - was this lamp.

 
I'm dead serious when I say I think this is the greatest find ever.  I have a deep love for unique things.  I don't want my house to match everyone else's.  That's part of why I quit shopping in stores like Target and TJ Maxx.  I want items that are one-of-a-kind and have a story.  This lamp used to be a ceramic chicken feeder.  The woman having the yard sale said it was her father's and he turned it into a lamp when they left their farm.  Oh yes, this is one awesome lamp!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment